Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday morning silence







Don`t you just love the couple of early morning hours, when its nice and quiet. Even here on hwy 395 at a flea bag motel. This place is so low budget that it is called eco lodge instead of econo lodge. They just scraped off the no. I really wonder if there is a convention for flea bag inn keepers and if they decide there that they are all gonna buy the same "cleaner" and if they vote on if it should smell like piss. I got here late and was not up for a search in the dark. So I wound up here and slept in my bus in front. The shower was pretty good. The plumbing works so I guess it was OK. The Hookers seem to like this place. Back to the peace and quiet bit. Even in this busy spot there are still these moments of calm and quiet. I know that it won`t last too long. It is just after 7 am and the rest of the world will soon be on the move. My plan, if for the lack of a better word was to get close last night so there would be some time this afternoon in Portland. I am aware that all this driving in the last couple of days has not allowed for much sight seeing. As I dash bye some of the sights I do remember that this is a road trip. Sight seeing alone is not much fun. Really all the places there are wouldn`t be the same without all the people. I just wish that we weren`t all so afraid of each other. I had this conversation with a truck driver that I met at a rest stop in South Dakota. Sunee rides a "First class broom". I think it is a Peterbuilt. She was hesitant to talk to me, and I didn`t want to bug a truck driver at a rest stop with silly questions. Turns out that she wasn`t in a big ass hurry and that I got some great off the interstate directions and had a bite to eat that morning . If you are ever in Belle Fouche, South Dakota there is a hash house called Belle Inn. cheap, good grub. Decent coffee. Any way it was nice that she talked to me and shared her VW memories. Its the people. Without us ,all this stuff is meaningless. Its just stuff and places. I promise to try and remember this the next time I give you mother fuckers the bird. I will just swear quietly.



I suppose that I should get on the road and hit it to Portland.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Todd!
    Michael from New Smyrna!!
    Im back in Houston and really glad to be home!
    Sounds like u are ready for that same feeling!
    U certainly have had quite a journey and experience!
    Laughed out loud about the flea bag motel...
    hookers and car smell!..Those hotels work very hard for those reps!
    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, You are right about that. I pretty much Bolted across the country. I am wishing for some warmer weather so I am pushing to get home. Its cold in the bus at night. cheers

    ReplyDelete