Saturday, September 26, 2009

Soon to Portland
















Today finds me on the move and in Missoula Montana. To get here I had to climb a few hills. Upon seeing the a sign "Continental Divide" somewhere back down the road I was filled with joy. If not for just a moment as I soon realized that this is really the beginning of the mountain phase of this trip. Flagstaff was a good chug up hill but this is a longer challenge. Driving up in the morning was definitely an advantage. Overnight temps are in the low 40`s. I have been blessed with nice dry weather. I plan to make Couer d alane Idaho in a few hours and get a room for the night. There is something funky smelling in the bus and I ditched the carpet in Minn.
I managed to find a nice little breakfast joint here in Missoula. This is a nice little town. I did not like the looks of Billings and I just drove thru it. I did stop in Livingston Mo. and had some great ribs. While trying to get a table last night at The Chop House I met a guy from the Orange county region who remembered surfing Dana Point before the marina was built. The waiter in the restaurant was getting ready to move back down to San Diego. So here I am in the middle of Montana talking to 2 surfers about surfing. What a strange and amazing country we live in. Hell... the whole world is strange. This is a fill in post for now as I have been doing a lot of driving. I will catch you later.





I did have a chance to drive through The Badlands Nat. Mon. and here are a couple of pics. It has occurred to me that on a trip this large that it is impossible to stop everywhere. There is so much cool stuff to see. The Dakota region has tons of old shit and lots of trailblazing history. It is a destination all by itself. I would like to go and spend time there. For now the drive-by will do.
OhYea... I almost for got to tell you yhay I took the Blue Bus to The Blue Earth. That of course is where the Jolly Green Giant is from: From the valley of the Jolly Ho Ho Ho...
There is one other thing that while I remember it I woulld really rather not have it as a memory. If that Queer from the hotel is following this "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AT YOURELF FOR TALKING TO ME THAT WAY" I use the q word as a deragatory. He was a nasty old man, that in my younger days would have punched him in the nose. The whole episode is too twisted to post. Shame on you!

2 comments:

  1. The bus is running better than expected. Not as good as it could. Dual carbs ia the way to keep the temps down. I am in Kennewic washington. Farther than expected and just a few hours from Portland.

    ReplyDelete