Thursday, September 10, 2009

St. Augustines











I arrived in St. Augustine to spend the after noon at the beach and catch a surf. Maybe I should say a crappy surf. The water was warm. If it had not been for someone else out I may have not gone. It really was that good. The Northeast wind has been blowing for 3 straight days now. Not so good for the surf but helps keep the Mauzies down. Last night though was just too hot and the bugs kicked my ass. At 2 am I left my camp site and went for a snooze in the day use area. Now that was a smart move. Its breezy enough that I could open all the doors and no Mauzies. That the upside to being mobile I guess. I sure had a nice nap then. I am however not going to get to town and do the tourist thing. I will save that for another trip. I feel the need to get on the road and get out of Fla. I have some miles ahead. Hopefully when I get to N. Carolina tropical storm Fred will create something to surf on there.




To me this is what Daytona has become. SPRAWL. To bad. Ormond beach is the total opposite. And of course St. Augustines has tried to stay this way. Nice place. Why do all the Bugs here bite ME?
As a little side note : I had a squirrel in my bus as soon as I turned my back. It had no idea just how much I wished my dog was here. We both hate squirrels.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Todd!
    What are Mauzies?
    Surfer lingo?
    Where are you now?
    Hope all is going well! Look forward to your next update!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete