Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lazy in the Hamptons











So I left the outer banks on Monday morning. It was a leisurely pace to start the day. Once I realize that there was only 477 miles between me and my next destination, I figured that I could pull it off. I arrived on Long Island around 1230 am. I know that as a surfer I am a bit of a adrenalin junkie. So if you want a real rush navigate and drive across N.Y. with all the rest of humanity. I don`t mean get off the freeway or anything like that. That may cause vomiting uncontrolably or severe hemorrhoids. But really it was a challenge and I made pretty good time. It is always good to get to the end of the driving part. I had been camping in the bus for nearly 7 nights and I was ready for a break. A hot bath was the icing on the cake. My friend Mark lives in a cozy little cottage here about 30 minutes away from Montauk. Yesterday we made it out and surfed clean waist high dribblers. The hope is for Friday. If you don`t know a resident you can`t park at the beach as you need a beach pass. So I am lucky to have a connection here just to get to the beach. Where is Surfrider when you wanna surf Montauk. Hell some parts of Florida have so much no parking regulation that only residence can go to the beach. So I am hopeful for Friday.




As you may already know the Hamptons is a place where the neat and elite meet for the summer. I would guess that there are a lot of famous folks running around here its just that I don't much care . The artist Jackson Pollock drank himself to death somewhere near here. I bought some coffee at at the same store he used to buy his beer. I don`t think that the same asshole that sold me the coffee, sold Jackson his beer. Maybe... it was probably some other asshole. So now me and Jackson Pollock have something in common...assholes in the Hamptons. All the assholes aside, This is a very unique community. Very quaint. Nice beaches and overpriced everything. It is good to see old friends and new ones. I sure do love where I live.




So for now I am being lazy. Well I did do another oil change and valve adjust today and if the weather is lousy I may get a little work in on my new friend Adriannes dwarfed studio. I mean the ceiling is low. The surf is supposed to pick up tomorrow and Friday it is forecast to clean up. I hope that I get at least one session in good Montauk. It is a beautiful set up.

1 comment:

  1. i can only imagine how the driving was through NY. especially in a VW bus. i bet that added a little more excitement to the experience.

    ReplyDelete