Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Jersey to Minnesota
















The trip across I 90 to Minneapolis was fairly uneventful . Except for the horrible weather out of Chicago and the blown toll booth near there. That is only the second one I have missed. There is a lot of construction in the area and traffic was bad. The other blown toll both was all the way back in N.C.





I had a great time at the Flanders New Jersey VW camp out and car show. I wish that I could remember every ones names. So if I get it wrong please forgive. I have also been bad about taking pics especially at shows as I take em then I never look at em. This would have probably been a good time to use my camera as this blog can be pretty boring without the photos.





I want to give a shout out to Chris and his brother Dustin for making me feel welcomed from the very start. It was good camping with you guys. To Ray from Ottawa for the groovy Canadian coffee mug. Casey and Jane for the tip on Taylor ham egg and cheese. For those that don`t know , that is a Jersey breakfast standard. Nice Thing Casey. Hey Casey if you read this, Stay in touch and when I come across another 800 dollar bus I will let you know. I do have to say that some of the cars that the east coast guys start with are in rough shape. It takes a lot more love to bring them around. I am impressed. Like Jim's 75 Westy that he pulled from axle deep mud. Amazing. It has given me a new perspective. All that there is left to say is that Flanders ROCKS! What a great event. I highly recommend it.





On my way here I drove across three states and they looked exactly the same. There was not a lot of stopping except for fuel. I am a lousy Tourist and don`t enjoy that sightseeing stuff I will say that I am a bit homesick and that I miss my wife. Cruising around the country is fun and all but I have always known that I am really a home body. No, Not home boy. Seeing and meeting all the dogs on the way makes me miss Fred that much more. Someone in Flanders had a young Pointer and he was great.





I guess that I am just working backwards from Long Island. Too bad for me that I didn`t know about DVG as I could have caravan ed with them to Flanders. That would have been cool. Thanks for the sticker. See... Long Island is just like anywhere else in the world. Only some people are Assholes. I suppose no matter where they were they would be the same. All I can say is Cheer Up.

6 comments:

  1. Hey " Home boy".. LOL Great surf picture.. I didn't realize you were saving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, this is Pat, I was telling you about the Taylor Ham. My brother is Casey. Definitely let me know anytime you come across a good deal on any VW. It was really great to meet you, and Jane and I are definitely still talking about your trip and wondering where you're at. You're bus is sweet too, don't let the Bayhaters get you down. We love them out here on the East Coast. They're the ones with the least rust.

    Keep on keeping on
    Pat
    patmduffy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Todd, We found your site. Great job! We'll read some more later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pat I will be sure to save your e mail address.I am gonna get in touch with the last bus I refused and see if it was still available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should have made a quick pit-stop in PA, would have loved to have ya here

    ReplyDelete