Saturday, September 5, 2009

Made the East coast

I can no longer say that I have never driven across the country. I can say that I did it in a 38 year old VW bus. Its a good car. The drive from Florence Al. to Cocoa Beach Fla. was without incident and for the most part long. I pushed through to arrive as I really needed a surf. It had been nearly 3 weeks since my last paddle out. I had encountered some rainy, blustery conditions on the road through Florida. The good part is that it made the heat a little more tolerable. When I finally did get off the highway and make it to the sand I was pleasantly surprised to find some waist high warm water waves. Now it not to say that I had travelled all this way for that, but something is better than nothing. Crowd was lite and the few guys in the water were cool I did tell one guy what I was doing, He said I was nuts. I will be sure to keep it a secret next time.
After a short surf I pushed on to Fort Lauderdale where I have people. I made it in time for a late dinner and a nice visit with friends and their new wives. It was nice. But the weather here is tough for me. I can only imagine what it must have been like when the first railroad was put in through Florida. Who thought that it would be a good idea to build where there is just swamps. Yea I guess that it takes imagination. Well I will try to get back as I have to run off for now. Sorry No pics. In my excitement to get waves I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment