Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Out of Fort Lauderdale











Its funny how things can work out sometimes. Regardless of the clock in my head or the pain in my back from sitting too long,the traffic,the stops for fuel, the tinkering on the car, food, what ever it may be. The time is the time I get there. So yesterday after all that I pull over at a pizzeria in Melbourne beach. Its getting almost dark thirty. I have no plans but I know that I should have some food before my choices are narrowed to junk food. So Pappgallos it is. There are many pizza joints around here I might add. They have a killer eggplant parm for 9 bucks. After my meal I meander, and check out the nav system looking for a place to crash for the night. I make a few calls and one that I choose from the navigator is some guys name and he asks me where I got his number and about the snafu a couple of years ago and that from time to time he gets a call like this. Well as luck would have it he directs me to Wickham park in the middle of Melbourne. So after knowing that I don't have to backtrack or drive another hour I am stoked. I walk out of the restaurant and there is this clean yellow bus parked next to mine and in it is Brown Bus from the Samba. He asks me my name and a while back he had offered me a place to urban camp and a shower. They had put a note on my window and were about to leave. So how is that for timing. You can`t make plans like that. I went to the Wickham and the Night watch Park ranger is a VW person so I got the Killer spot. But I am gonna have dinner with Brown Bus and his wife tonight. Its a good set up. People never cease to surprise me.




I am a little behind on the photos but here are a few from Lauderdale and Deerfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment