Saturday, August 29, 2009

Show Time
















Its Saturday nite and the show is over. The last 2 days I managed to stay fairly busy. When I got to Eureka Springs I left a note at the desk of the host hotel stating that I would volunteer to help if there was anything to do. Well there was and I don`t know how I got such a cushy job selling the tee shirts. Thanks Dave. Honestly I have met so many people and have tried to remember their names. So let me apologize in advance if I mess it up. The gal that I was working with the first day , Claudette she was ok for a bayhater. I think I just made a new word. It was still a fun day. Thanks for putting up with me.





The parade through town was a hoot. Residents and tourists alike roll out for this. That was when I was real happy to have mild temps. It got a little toasty. I am sorry to the drivers behind me when the cars in front of me got away from me due to my last candy toss I got left behind. Then we were all off the course. Thank goodness for the green bus, as I was able to follow him to get back on track.





I love this show for the fact that there are a good proportion of later model cars. And there were some very nice ones. I will be surprised if they show up in any of the press.





I had initially made plans to stay here through Monday. I am leaving Sunday as I really need to surf. The sooner I get on the road the sooner I will be in Memphis.


Take a look at that crazy ride. It takes all kinds... eh.


It is impossible to photo all the nice cars so there are a couple of over view shots. People here are really great. I want to give a shout out to Jeff in the Diamond green oval. He had welcomed me from the moment I mentioned that I was headed for the show. Thanks to all those that welcomed me and for the really cool stein and mug. They will look great in my VW collection. Oh and by the way you all know now that I have an award winning bus. Thanks


This was a really special show as there was a wedding at the show. That is the wedding party.

No comments:

Post a Comment