Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fot Smith Arkansas











Its difficult to log events when there are no events to log. Its kind of like being on watch out at sea and there is really nothing to watch but you do it as you might miss something. Arrived in Fort Smith Ark. in short order after OK City. I have finally sorted out the bus issues. Its been a learning experience. I wound up finding my carburetor parts at a motorcycle shop. I really have to mention that in my search that I meet some of the nicest people and they actually want to help.




While driving along there are so many things to write about but I wind up brain dead when it comes time to write. Cruising the highway at 60 miles an hour gives you lots of time to think and of course you get to see all the other nuts on the road. Even though I am going 60 I manage to pass the same people over and over. You know the tortoise and hare syndrome. I really do wonder when is it that we got ourselves in a big damn hurry. I think I like a little slower. Only bummer is that while on the road those big ass trucks are not on the same program.




Speaking of trucks and truckers I had a idea that those guys are become their own human sub species. Have you been in one of those mega truck stops. They have a lounge, laundry facility's, showers, a kwiki mart all in one. You never have to get off the road UUGH... its like a bad locker room at a gym where nobody is ever gonna be in shape. Now I guess the thing is trucker teams. It must be a hard job. Most are still courteous.




Our stay in Fort Smith Has been a nice break as the weather has been great. I have been able to get my car together and help my friend Pete with his for the 2 hour country road cruise to Eureka Springs for a VW show and gathering. I'm ready for some Bar B Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment