Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting started




It is a week before my departure date and I suppose that I should write something down so as to start this off. I am however a crappy typist, so it takes a while to create. The deal is that I am going on a trip of a lifetime and it hasn`t really sunk in yet. The Bus is ready and I really need to pack some stuff and go. I am hoping to get to Eureka springs Arkansas for a VW show on the weekend of the 28-30th of Aug. That was the original idea. I figured since I am all that way across America from San Luis Obispo Ca. that maybe I should just make a plan the keep going. I have always wanted to surf the Atlantic if for no other reason than to say I did. So the loose plan is to make my way to Florida and see some friends and visit family in Alabama. Once on the east coast at this time of year I hope to encounter some of this hurricane generated swell in the Atlantic. I have a friend in the Hamptons and I am sure many more that I have not met yet in between. So begins this odessey in my ugly blue beater 1971 VW bus.
I think that I have to mention that some of this motivation comes from my 2 Norwegian friends that past thru here last March on their way to Bolivia in a 71 bus. I had the chance to meet and work on their bus after it broke down here on the Central Coast Alek, Thomas thanks for the nudge Check their trip @ Greattransamericanadventure.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Awesome amigo! I salute you, your trip will be awesome. Buy a small flip camera so you can show friends some footage after the trip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWmX1FRd2ik

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3anOWpyJRT4&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is the link to the Norwegians site.

    http://trans-american-adventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the adventure begins....

    ReplyDelete