Friday, August 28, 2009

leaving Fort Smith
















While staying in Fort Smith I spent most of the days getting my bus dialed in, and working on my friend Petees bus. That is the red and white one in the pics. It came from Ca. the first part of this year and in now a antique in Ark.. It is still a nice bus.





The drive up to Eureka Springs is absolutely beautiful. The trip from Fort Smith to Eur. Springs is not too far so I was able to just relax and enjoy the scenic drive up the "Pig Trail" I have yet to find out why it is called the pig trail. I suppose that I should probably ask. It runs from I-40 up ark. hwy #23 for 30 miles to Eureka Springs. It is gorgeous. Not too steep but you definatly should take it easy especially in a bus . It keeps the crap in the car from flying all around. Now thats how to describe a road condition.





I do need to mention that while working on Petees bus we had to make a run for parts and that he knew where there was the last surviving repair shop/ VW junk yard in the area just across the river in Oklahoma. So we took a little trip to Roland OK. and I was pleasantly surprised to find Polks bug repair. A little one man shop run by an enthusiast/ fire fighter. Great guy pretty cool set up. I knew when I met his dog Pierce that he was a good guy. I could have brought that dog with me. Just too funny that dog. It is people like Phillip at Polks that keep my hobby alive. He even had a surfboard at his shop. Check out that sign. Its a 69 in case you were interested.





While at Peetes powder coat shop he has this program and vinyl that they use for masking. He made me a very cool one off sticker.





2 comments:

  1. Pig Trail Scenic Byway owes its name to the wild pigs who carved paths through thick forest growth, creating trails that settlers later adopted. Get caught up in the rush of students, sports fans and other University of Arkansas supporters going to and from Fayetteville, home of the "Razorbacks." The mascot of this University can trace its roots back to the pigs that first made the area home. You'll feel a part of the community among rabid Razorback fans, wearing red hog hats and calling "woo-pig-sooee."

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "Bug" spider sign is totally wicked.

    ReplyDelete